domingo, 8 de marzo de 2009

Slumdog Millionaire Questions

What does the title mean? How does the title and the contrasts within it provide symbolic summary of the film?

I think is like a person from the street, those persons you see roaming everywhere and seem worthless, that at last transforms into a millionaire.

Is ethical decision making possible when one must make choices based on survival? Do seemingly “bad” choices make a person bad?

Yes. No, because if the decision is for your survival, is correct for you.


What do you think the film is saying about the globalization of culture through media? We see the game show “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” adapted in the Indian culture. Is this a sign of progress? Why or why not? What is this film staying about the effect of money on culture?

That in countries we think are not that advanced like India, they really are. It can be told that yes, because they are offering money in the game, so they have a "good" economy. That money is one or maybe the "one" most important thing on culture.


1 comentario:

  1. I agree with all of the answers.
    In the first one, I believe the movie contrasts perfectly both words in the title: how a slumdog turned to millionaire.
    In the second one, I also believe that if your choice is based on survival it is OK to do it; but that does not mean that it is the right thing to do. And about bad choices making bad people, I only have to say we are humans, we all make mistakes.
    In the thrid answer, I can tell that I had understimated India. I've never taught it was so developed. I believe that what the film says about the effect of money is that people see money as their getaways from trouble, and I can say that most part of the time, it is.

    ResponderEliminar